Employment Law Expert Witnesses
Psychiatric Expert Witnesses can provide the court with valuable information and opinion in a variety of employment proceedings. Our Expert Psychiatrists will undertake a comprehensive assessment of the client including a face-to-face interview, contact with relevant third parties, review of medical records and any other relevant documentation. They will then provide a concise psychiatric medico-legal report including a diagnosis of any Mental Health conditions, recommendations for treatment and/or reasonable adjustments, where applicable.
Professionals advice & proactive case management
We can assist you in determining whether an Expert Psychiatric or Psychological report is most suitable for your case and can provide both, in collaboration with our sister company Psychology Direct. Our dedicated Client Managers will also ensure that yours case is managed so that agreed costs & timescales are adhered to.
Rapid response to enquiries & fast track reports
We aim to respond to all enquiries within 1 hour and confirm details of up to three suitable experts within 24 hours. Reports are usually filed within 4-6 weeks from instruction, but we can provide a fast track service for cases where reports are required within a very short timescale.
Working with clients in a range of cases
We receive instructions from a variety of clients including Insurers, Independent Occupational Health Providers, major Public & Private sector Employers & Employees, Solicitors and Barristers. We provide Expert Psychiatric reports for cases such as Employment Tribunals, Unfair dismissal, Discrimination (including the Disability Discrimination Act), Bullying & Harassment, Workplace accidents, Disciplinary proceedings, Long-term sickness absence as well as Mental Health Screening for high risk or high pressure jobs.
Highly experienced Experts providing high quality reports
All of our Expert Psychiatrists are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and are members of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych). Our Expert Witness Psychiatrists have extensive experience in preparing medico-legal Psychiatric reports for the civil courts and communicate their findings in a manner that is clear and accessible to all parties. All reports are quality checked as part of our free proofreading service.
Specialist language & cultural expertise
In addition to providing Expert Witness Psychiatrists across the country, our network of over 1,000 Expert Witnesses means that we are also able to provide Expert Psychiatrists with specialist language and cultural expertise and knowledge.
Recent instructions for Psychiatric Medico-Legal reports include:
- Mental Health assessment to determine Fitness to Work or to Return to Work
- Psychiatric assessment of Work related Stress or Anxiety, including post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric assessments following a workplace accident
- Mental Health assessment of an employee on long-term sick leave, including the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
- Psychiatric report as part of an Employment Tribunal
- Neuropsychiatric Assessments
- Psychiatric assessments of learning difficulties/disabilities, including Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Psychiatric Assessments with regard to Sexual Harassment and/or Bullying
- Recommendations for Psychiatric treatment and/or reasonable adjustments in the workplace
- Psychiatric assessments as part of screening process for high risk or high pressure jobs
These are just a few examples of cases we have undertaken, please contact us for a detailed quotation including a breakdown of costs, confirmed timescales and up to 3 Expert Witness Psychiatrist CVs.